Digital Content and Social Media Coordinator (SMC)
Description of the Organization: Child Foundation is a 501(c) (3) organization, incorporated in the State of Oregon and exempt from tax and was founded in 1994. CF’s mission is to help children in need, who have been identified as high achievers, stay in school. We believe that education can move a child beyond the stigma of poverty and give that child the tools to reach his or her true and full potential.
CF recruits sponsors who contribute monthly scholarship stipends for the children they choose to sponsor. CF works with social service agencies in other countries who screen and select eligible children and ensure that donations reach the children.
Scope of Responsibility: Social Media Coordinator (SMC) reports and works under the direction of the Communications & Outreach Manager. This position is a full-time role. Preference will be granted to those living in the Portland, Oregon area or willing to relocate.
Location: Seattle, WA and Portland, OR preferred but, for the right candidate, remote work will be considered.
Scope of Responsibility
Child Foundation is looking for a creative and detail-oriented writer to join our growing Communications and Outreach four-person team whose primary purpose is to raise financial resources for the agency. The individual will be the in-house writing expert also relied on for social media strategy insights and coordination to engage donors. They will transform updates and content from partner organizations, our sponsors, and teammates into compelling content for Child Foundation’s website, newsletters, campaign appeals, and the social media calendar. The individual will at times edit documents developed by other teams. The perfect fit for this position is a professional with their ear to the ground about digital fundraising efforts.
Graphic design and social media management support will be provided by a fellow team member. The Digital Content and Social Media Coordinator reports to the Communications and Outreach Manager as part of the Communications and Outreach team.
Essential Job Functions
• Write blogs, newsletters, campaign and donor appeals, templates and other digital content
• Identify and coordinate platform-specific strategies to drive donor engagement on social media by pulling social media content from long-form writing and composing original content
• Edit documents written by other teams within the organization as needed
• Liaise, coordinate with and learn from fundraising consultants in content and messaging
• Other fundraising and communication tasks based on skill sets and as needed
Qualifications and Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field
• Two+ years in social media/digital outreach
• Two+ years’ experience writing digital content for an organization
• Familiarity with digital fundraising campaign strategies
• Ability to write compelling social media copy and vivid website content (i.e., blogs, appeals) to drive traffic
• Experience with platform-specific strategies that start conversations
• Experience developing bold, imaginative initiatives
• Familiarity with basic graphic design with software (i.e. Canva, Photoshop)
• Grammar buff
• Background in multitasking
• Track record in meeting deadlines
• Background in working with culturally diverse workplaces and constituencies
• Flexible and able to shift priorities as needed
• Experience writing for a non-profit or non-governmental organization, particularly in child and family welfare, humanitarian and/or international programs
• Experience communicating sensitive issues with dignified prose and strategy
• Exposure to multiple cultures especially, middle eastern and southeastern Asia
• Experience in a diversity of fundraising activities for nonprofit agencies, including donor outreach
• Experience in graphic design using Adobe suite
This job has premium healthcare benefits including vision and dental. The pay range will be $19-$23 depending on experience.