Position: Sponsorship Assistant, full time
Description of the Organization: Child Foundation is a 503(c) (3) organization, incorporated in the State of Oregon and exempt from tax. The organization was founded in 1994. Child Foundation’s mission is to help children in need who have been identified as high achievers, stay in school. We believe that education can move a child beyond the stigma of poverty and give that child the tools to reach his or her true and full potential.
Child Foundation recruits sponsors who contribute monthly scholarship stipends for the children they choose to sponsor. Child Foundation works with social service agencies in other countries who screen and select eligible children and ensure that donations reach the children.
Scope of Responsibility: The Sponsorship Assistant works at the direction of the Customer Service/Sponsorship Manager. Daily tasks vary but center around ensuring the files of children in need of sponsorship are properly updated, processed, and conveyed to new sponsors. The Sponsorship Assistant is one of the faces of Child Foundation to sponsors who have questions, requests, or must be matched with a new sponsored child. Daily interfacing with sponsors over email or phone requires that the Sponsorship Assistant have good soft skills. A person who also loves details and the art of accuracy will be successful in this role.
Essential Job Functions:
• Upload and download files for database processing
• Adjust sponsorship payments as requested and needed
• Engage with sponsors by phone and email to understand their requests and relay information.
• Adjust information in sponsor and donor database as needed for donation changes, new child assignments, cancelations, and other needs
• Database clean up
• Database entry experience
• Customer service experience
• Detail oriented and committed to accuracy
• Knowledge of clerical and administrative procedures
• Proficient in Microsoft Office
• Experience with FileMaker
• 2+ years administrative, customer service and/or data entry experience.
• Bilingual Dari/Persian